Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Learning from a Prophet

I just perused my notes from last Sunday's sermon title "A Lesson from Someone Else's Mistakes" based on 1 Kings 20:1-43. Here are the three points I wrote down to remember:
1. God knows our problems
2. Be careful what you boast of (don't count your chickens before they hatch)
3. God's in control of both your hills and your valleys
4. Success or failure are not indications of right or wrong
5. God brings glory to Himself, not me or us
6. God's in charge
7. There is always a consequence to disobedience; the more you disobey the worse things get

This was NOT Pastor Frank's outline, but seven things I wrote down for my own life and especially as I am now considering a really big decision to move to Costa Rica. It has been tempting to boast about the advantages of living there even before I go in the "Live In Costa Rica Tour," and certainly before I have received peace that this is what God wants me to do. Pray that I find God's will and not make a mistake. I'm regularly discussing it in my Costa Rica Decision Process Blog.  "God, help me to learn from Ahab's mistakes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment