Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Called to Be Uncool

I just read this editorial "Called to be Uncool" in the June issue of Christianity Today paper edition and loved it! How like my image of a Christian (A follower of Christ) it is to follow the Biblical non-conformists like Jesus, Paul, John the Baptist, Ezekiel, Elijah, Hosea and more. And that means not always bending over backwards to appease the behavior religious friends think I should have. I have an obligation to be honest and Biblical in my words and behavior without being unkind or ugly to those I disagree with.

My Prayer
God, help me to be like you and not the crowd that sometimes surrounds me or even the persons I admire. And help me to accept the shame that may come with it as did your prophets recorded in Scripture. May other see only Jesus in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment