Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Weak and Wise

The devotionals I've read for the last two nights bring up an interesting contrast that appears to be a contradiction, yet in such confusion God seems to work and that is what I'm expecting from Him right now. Thursday night the Scripture verse was 2 Corinthians 12:9, HCSB,
But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me.
This is a promise I have claimed many times in my weaknesses and sometimes foolishness. It means I trust Him more than myself and in so doing things tend to go much better! In other words, I seek his will and try to follow it. Then the next night I get this verse, Ephesians 5:17, HCSB, 
 So don’t be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
Wow! They do go together, even though some translations talk about wisdom in the second passage and that is not how I feel when I feel weak. Telling me to understand what the Lord's will is seems lacking when that is what I want, but not always sure what His will is. So I just trust Him and wait to see what happens as I try to be like Jesus in all my relationships and praise God in nature and adventure. As Henry David Thoreau said, "My profession is to always find God in nature." And that will be one of my purposes in Costa Rica!

Even though I continue to make lists and try to plan out all the details for the move to Costa Rica, as I did with the pros and cons of the decision, I still feel weak at times and pray that I am doing His will and he will renew my desire to serve him in a new land with new people. opportunities and challenges. And that is what I'm expecting as I let Him turn my weakness to wisdom, because I depend on Him more than all my planning and preparation. Wow! It's about to happen! I'm excited and enthusiasm is from God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment